Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happy Birthday, Nan!


Today I want to give a big shout out to my grandmother, Nanny, on her 90th birthday.

 Happy Birthday, Nanny!


circa 1960
She was an incredible, brave woman and I can only begin to imagine the things she had seen in her life.  She overcame so much and accomplished even more.  She taught the importance of faith, forgiveness, and love, how to sew and garden, showed me through her life how much courage, strength, and grace a woman can carry, and so much more.

She had a silly side we all loved to see.  She was a wonderful friend to everyone who knew her and always put others before herself.  I was her first grandchild and lived with her for a time after my parents separated.  I have such fond memories of  being with her even as a two year old.

Thank you for all the walks to the fish pond, the scrabble games and puzzles, the handmade bathing suits and dresses, the raggedy ann dolls, the holiday feasts, the piano lessons, all your patience, the box of buttons, our squirrel, teaching me solitaire, the hugs, snuggles, and love.   I love you and miss you!

Kathryn Skaggs Adams 7-23-23 to 4-2-13 
  
1993